Molloy Students Living the Mission at Midnight Run
"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the Good News!" Romans 15
Last week students and employees from Molloy College and Caldwell University brought and received the Good News from over 50 people we met on our first Midnight Run this semester. It was "Good News" as we experienced smiling faces, laughter, and great conversation while serving food and giving out clothes, toiletries, backpacks, gym bags and blankets on a chilly night in the city.
At our last stop, one of our friends had music playing and we were all dancing in the street. We may have missed Midnight Madness on campus, but we brought Midnight Madness to the streets in NYC.
Melvin, one of the folks on the street shared with us, "I haven't been around for a while, but I remember Molloy and Caldwell. Your group always prepares so well for the run, and you're always so kind and hospitable. You take the time to put everything together, and we love having you come. Many times other groups come and are in a rush to get to the next stop, but not Molloy and Caldwell. Thank you so very much."
Another woman also commented on our kindness and hospitality. Two Dominican Institutions following our shared Dominican Tradition of hospitality. "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the Good News."
As you begin to change your clothes for the fall and winter, perhaps there are some things that you would like to share with our friends on the streets of New York City.
- Gently used or new men and women's warm winter jackets (sizes Medium and up)
- Gently used or new men's hoodies, sweatshirts, sweaters and warm shirts (sizes Medium and up)
- Gently used or new men's jeans or casual pants and sweatpants (sizes 32 and up or Medium and up)
- Gently used or new women's pants, casual pants or sweatpants (sizes 10 and up or Medium and up)
- Gently used or new women's sweatshirts or sweaters (sizes Medium and up)
- Gently used or new men and women's hats, gloves and scarves
- Gently used or new men's casual shoes, sneakers or boots (sizes 9 and up)
- Gently used or new women's casual shoes, sneakers or boots (sizes 8 and up)
Items can be left by the piano in the Sacred Heart Chapel anytime in the morning until noon, or in the afternoon and evening from 1 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Monday, November 5
- Wednesday, November 7
- Thursday, November 8
- Friday, November 9
How beautiful are all of you who continue to support this program through generous donations, thoughts and prayers. We could not do this without you.