Making An Informed Decision About Tuition and Value
Making an informed decision about tuition and value
- The rankings were based on early career earnings of graduates, graduation rates and student-loan default rates.
- Molloy is among the least expensive private colleges on Long Island.
|The Tuition Average:||Molloy||Others|
- Molloy's freshman retention rate is among the highest in the country.
- Molloy College graduates earn a starting salary that is, on average, $10,000 more than graduates from other national private institutions.
Facts about the Excelsior Scholarship
Funding is capped for the Excelsior Scholarship.
- If applications exceed available funds, a lottery system will be used to determine recipients, giving preference to those already enrolled.
Financial aid is not guaranteed for the entire four years.
- A minimum GPA is required.
- Students must earn 30 credits per year.
- If students fail to achieve these two items, their scholarship converts to a loan.
Students must agree to live and work in New York State for as many years as they receive benefits under the plan.
- If students do not fulfill this obligation, the grant will be converted to a loan.
According to the State University of New York, SUNY community colleges currently have about 3-5% additional capacity on average, with some up to 10%, for new students. There is less capacity at the four-year colleges.
Funding through the Excelsior Scholarship does not include room, board or fees.
- NYS average of approximately $13,000 annually.
What Molloy Provides (90% of all Molloy Freshmen receive institutional aid.)
- Academic Scholarships
- Need-Based Grants
- Community Service Scholarships
Students also have access to a variety of State and Federal aid programs, including the new Enhanced Tuition Award from New York State.