Freqently Asked Questions
What is All In For Molloy?
- This is a donation day unlike any other! This year, we have been challenged to receive 1001 donations because we are the #1 Value College in the Country! As an incentive to meet this challenge, Rose Ciampa, an alumna from the Class of 1961, and her family, plan to create a $50,000 scholarship. Your donation goes further on Thursday, April 27, thanks to this Challenge Grant.
- All in for Molloy is a spirited one-day fundraising event that encourages the Molloy Community to donate to the college in unprecedented numbers over a short period of time, making a collective impact on the experience of our students.
- All gifts, no matter the size, help us to reach our goal of 800 donors.
Why should everyone participate?
- Did you know that tuition payments cover less than 80% of the actual cost of educating a Molloy College student? Donations bridge the gap between tuition revenue and the total operating budget.
- Over 80% of all students receive some type of financial aid. Molloy College is responding to the continued need for assistance by families, and to make Molloy College as competitive as possible by enrolling the most academically qualified students, regardless of their financial circumstances
- Alumni giving in-particular is important because it is used by many publications and external groups, including the U.S. News and World Report, in compiling college rankings. It is a marker of alumni satisfaction in their alma mater. When the ranking is high, a Molloy degree is more valuable, so it is a benefit for everyone to participate.
- Faculty and staff giving is also very important. The support of those who work at the College shows belief in the Mission of the College, raising our standing in publications and in grant applications.
How can I participate?
- Donate to Molloy College on April 27, either online (connect.molloy.edu/give), by phone (516.323.4483), or in person at a campus Donation Station in the Public Square, Hagan, or outside of the Anselma Room.
- Send an email to your Molloy contacts and your friends about All In Day. Invite them to donate, just like you donated!
- Post about All In Day on your networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, using the hashtags #allinmolloy and #molloylife, and spread the excitement! Change your Facebook profile and cover photo to the All In Day logos.
- Post a video or picture about how much you love Molloy College, and encourage people to donate.
Where do gifts go?
- Donors are encouraged to support the Molloy Fund, which assists in funding programs with the greatest needs across the campus. You are also welcome to designate your gift to any cause you are most interested in supporting. You can indicate your preference on the giving page of the website.
Is my online payment secure?
- All payments are processed by authorize.net, a trusted source in online payments since 1996. You will receive an email confirmation that can serve as your receipt for tax purposes.
What if I already made a gift to Molloy College this year?
- Thank you for supporting Molloy College! We appreciate your generosity, and encourage you to donate again today to help us to achieve our goal of 800 donors. Any donation amount will help us to reach our goal of 800 donors.
How can I help to promote All In for Molloy?
- Share the images and messages that are on our All In for Molloy Social Media Toolkit. Send an email to classmates, post on your Facebook page, tweet, post on Instagram, wear a sandwich board, tell everyone you know. Any way you can spread the word to get us to 800 donors is appreciated!