Siena Center for Social Justice
The Siena Center for Social Justice (SCSJ) seeks to explore and encourage a deeper understanding and appreciation for people from all backgrounds in keeping with the College's Catholic and Dominican heritage. Through educational programming and services, SCSJ will provide resources that foster awareness as well as empower constituents with knowledge, tools and experiences that promote global citizenship and a more inclusive campus. The Siena Center will collaborate with other offices on campus, and in the greater Long Island community, to provide engaging social and educational programs that create a safe space and multicultural environment for all constituents. Through our commitment to educating students, staff and faculty on issues of diversity, we hope to promote global citizenry that will encourage the fostering of inclusive communities both on campus and in the world.
- Foster an inclusive and welcoming campus environment.
- Coordinate a comprehensive programming calendar.
- Develop and implement a wide range of diverse and social justice education as well as training opportunities on topics including but not limited to gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, campus safety, environmental concerns, and socioeconomic class.
- Have an actively engaged campus community that is aware of and appreciates multiculturalism and the multi-faceted aspects of our identity that each of us brings to the table.
- Strengthen dialogue and opportunities for collaboration with community partners