Time Away from Work Faculty
The following pages are designed to help guide you when circumstances dictate that you must be out of work. Please see the Faculty Handbook (PDF) for more detailed information. We encourage you to read the following policies carefully as the policies often work concurrently when taking a leave. Your next step is to make an appointment to speak to someone in Human Resources.
- Sick Leave Policy (PDF)
- FMLA - Family and Medical Leave Act (PDF) - For your own illness or to care for an ill family member. Can run concurrently with Sick Leave and Maternity/Paternity Leave Policy.
- New York City Sick Leave (PDF) - Available to those Molloy employees working within the boroughs of New York City
- Unpaid Leave of Absence (PDF)
- Jury Duty or Witness Duty (PDF)
- Intermittent Military Service (PDF)
- Active Duty Military Service (PDF)
- Active Duty Deployment of a Family Member (PDF)
- Blood Donation (PDF)
- Lactation (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Is FMLA Leave paid?
No, FMLA allows eligible employees time to care themselves or immediate family members who are ill. During approved FMLA leave, an employee's job will be held open. Molloy's Sick Leave and Maternity/Paternity policies often run concurrently with FMLA leave and explain how the employee will be paid while on leave.
Q. What paperwork must I complete to have my leave approved?
Q. How far in advance of my expected leave of absence should I contact Human Resources?
A minimum of 30 days.in advance of the expected time off.
Q. Who should I contact when the need to be out of work arises un-expectantly?
Your immediate supervisor and HR Does my health insurance continue while I'm on approved leave? Yes, provided you pay your contribution towards the plan.