TV Studio and Media Lab Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Chairperson of the Communications Department
HOURS: 12-15 flexible hours per week - Summers off (June, July, August)
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 2
Coordinate with the Director of Media Facilities to work with students in production and editing classes, maintain TV Studio equipment inventory, equipment repairs, and recommendations on purchasing equipment, help produce podcasts and content for the department's social media channels. The assistant must be knowledgeable in video editing software and in-studio equipment such as Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer, and Final Cut Pro.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the signing in of all field equipment. Submit a report to the Director of Media Facilities and Department Chair if any piece of equipment is NOT returned or if it is returned damaged
- Collaborate and maintain communication with students in production classes with facilities assistance on their projects. This includes video editing software and in-studio equipment.
- Maintain the TV Studio/Equipment inventory, equipment repairs, make recommendations on what needs purchasing or repairing, and help with any other studio-related tasks.
- Initiate and facilitate ongoing collaboration with Director of Media Facilities to launch the podcast initiative in the Communications Department. Acts as the liaison between external departments and local businesses to produce podcasts in the media lab.
- Initiate and produce content for the department of Communications' website and social media channels.
- Assist and act as the liaison between external departments on campus to produce podcasts in the media lab.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite Adobe Creative Suite Avid Media Composter Final Cut Pro
- Master's Degree or in a Master's Degree Program
- 3-5 years' experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.