Student Solution Center Representative
DEPARTMENT: Student Solution Center Representative
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director for the Student Solution Center
HOURS: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 2
The Student Solution Center Representative answers questions related to registration, billing and financial aid, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. Using a proactive approach, the Student Solution Center Representative anticipates issues before they arise and make sure students have the right information to keep their college career on track.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students with inquiries and/or issues at the front counter. Work to resolve the issue. If a resolution cannot be achieved refer the student to the appropriate person
- Proactive outreach to students on the phone and via email regarding issues that effects future enrollment and degree progression (e.g. bursar holds, missing financial aid documents) Use internal and external sources to provide timely billing and financial aid information
- Demonstrate for students how to set up Molloy email accounts, navigate Lion's Den and Canvas
- Assist the Director of Student Retention registering freshmen their first semester
- Assist the Office of Enrollment Management with various mailings throughout the year.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree
- Microsoft Office Excel Microsoft Office Outlook Microsoft Office Power Point Microsoft Office Word
- Less than 12 months experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply