SUPERVISOR: Associate Director of Admissions
HOURS: Full Time, Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. & Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 1
The Receptionist is the initial contact person for students, staff and all visitors contacting the Admissions Office. The Receptionist will greet visitors, handle incoming calls, and schedule appointments. He/she may also assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including data entry and other general clerical administrative duties. It is the responsibility of the Receptionist to provide professional, courteous and effective service to all constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to handle high volume telephone calls on multiple lines
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Data entry of prospective students into the student information system. Import SAT/ACT scores into the student information system
- Assist with mailings and other clerical administrative duties
- Create work orders and restock catalogues, view books and image pieces in the waiting area
- Attend all admissions events such as Open House, Accepted Students Events, etc.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma required
- Computer Proficiency in Excel and Word and Computer aptitude to learn the Jenzabar student information system
- Previous experience as a receptionist handling multiple call lines is preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Outgoing and personable, Work well with multiple constituencies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, Effective decision-making capability
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply