DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
SUPERVISOR: Public Safety Supervisor
HOURS: 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. (Days off will vary)
NOTE: (There are two openings from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
The Public Safety Officer serves and protects the campus community. Duties include but are not limited to ensuring buildings are secured and safe, making themselves available to the students, faculty and staff for assistance, and assisting in emergency situations on campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foot, bicycle and motor patrol. Desk security in residence halls.
- Responding to Medical Calls and other emergency calls.
- Report Writing.
- Operate and Maintain the Command Center (Building Alarm Systems, fire Safety and Closed Circuit Television Systems.
- Ability to solve problem, make decisions and give directions.
- Attend Additional 30 hours of training each year.
- Attend training and seminars off the Molloy Campus.
- Public Safety operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or closely related field preferred.
- Five years law enforcement or Campus Security experience.
- Licensed pursuant to the New York State Security Act of 1992
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions and give directions.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED
- Licensed pursuant to the New York State Security Guard Act of 1992.
- Certified in First Aid, CPR/AED/NARCAN
- New York State Drivers License
- Ability to handle extended periods of physical activity, including walking, climbing stairs, and carrying equipment.
- Working outside during inclement weather.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Closed Circuit TV System
- Copy machine/Fax machine
- Personal Computer
- Cameras/Video Equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.