Full-Time Faculty Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
The Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing at Molloy College seeks a full-time faculty member with an extensive clinical background as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP), along with experience in, and enthusiasm for, teaching, curriculum development, student evaluation, program assessment, service, and scholarship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach courses, skills/physical assessment labs, simulation labs, and clinical practice in the psychiatric mental health (family/lifespan) nurse practitioner specialty, with flexibility to cross teach in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs as required by program need.
• Coordinate and supervise clinical experiences
• Mentor and advise graduate students
• Contribute to continuous quality improvement in the School of Nursing
• Provide service to the College, School of Nursing, profession and community
• Participate in scholarly activities that advance the profession
• Support the mission, values and goals of the College and of the Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing
• Other duties as required
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Current, national certification as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (lifespan/family)
• Current licensure as an RN and as a family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in New York State
• Terminal degree (PhD, EdD, or DNP)
• 5 years of recent experience as a PMHNP
• Experience in nursing education and higher education preferred
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.