Professor of Practice SBL/SDL Coordinator
Job Description Summary
The Division of Education at Molloy College invites applications for a full-time Professor of Practice to teach and serve as the SBL/SDL Coordinator. The Coordinator will assist the Associate Dean in the recruitment, interviewing, and advising of all candidates for the SBL and SDL advanced certificates programs.
Molloy College, an independent Catholic institution based in Rockville Centre, NY, was founded in 1955. The College serves a student population of approximately 4,500 undergraduate and graduate students. Molloy students can earn degrees in a variety of outstanding academic programs, including nursing, business, education, social work, music therapy and many more.
The Advanced Certificate Program in School Building Leader is a 24-credit program that develops leadership in the areas of curriculum, assessment, administration, and supervision. The program focuses on providing a strong foundation in order to apply knowledge, concepts, and theory into practice. Through diverse and comprehensive experiences candidates will be exposed to strategies, theories, and fieldwork necessary to create and develop skills to address the challenges of our diverse learning communities and includes experiences in districts serving students at different developmental levels and with a variety of characteristics and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Advanced Certificate Program in District Leader is a 15-credit program that develops district wide leadership in the areas of curriculum, assessment, administration, supervision, strategic planning, governance and policy, compliance, and organizational change. The program focuses on providing a strong foundation in order to apply knowledge, concepts, and theory into practice and includes experiences in districts serving students at different developmental levels and with a variety of characteristics and socioeconomic backgrounds. Through a comprehensive experience the candidate will be exposed to strategies necessary to create and develop skills to address the challenges of our diverse learning society. Professional Certification to be a School District Leader is conferred to candidates who meet all the requirements of the New York State Department of Education.
- Evaluate transcripts of applicants to the program according to SBL/SDL programs admissions requirements and NYSED guidelines
- Interview prospective candidates to the SBL/SDL Programs
- Advise students on program progression
- Assist Associate Dean with the schedule of courses each semester
- Verify course and certification compliance for prospective program completers
- Be available to assist the Director as needed with Special Projects
- Represent the Graduate Education Department at meetings/functions when requested by the Director
- Assist the Associate Dean by addressing all certification issues, including:
- presenting certification requirements students annually,
- check credentials of incoming students,
- check all credentials of graduating students for certification requirements
- recommending students for certification through the Teach online website
- Master's degree in Teaching/Administration in the PreK-12 Community
- Expertise in technology including knowledge of ACCESS, Excel, and internet research abilities
- Excellent communication skills with both faculty and teacher candidates
- Knowledge of Teach online
- Knowledge of NYSED certification requirements
(Preference will be given to candidates with):
- Evidence of knowledge, skills, and experience in educational leadership including SBL/SDL licensure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience in a K-12 educational leadership position
To apply: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to: 1000 Hempstead Avenue
P.O. Box 5002
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
An equal opportunity employer: Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.