The Department of Languages and Cultures at Molloy College invites applications for an Italian Adjunct Faculty position starting on Fall 2020.
The Italian Section is part of the Department of Languages and Cultures, which also offers American Sign Language, Arabic, English as a Second Language, Mandarin, French, and Spanish. Courses in the department are in their most part conducted in the target language and focus on providing meaningful communicative interactions and cultural experiences that promote cultural competency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and delivering face to face, remote/online instruction to undergraduate students in cooperation with the department's Chairperson and other faculty.
- Using a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning and encourage active learning in all students; maintaining proper class-related records;
- Promptly assessing student's coursework and appraising students of progress;
- Meeting with students before or after class if they need to in order to attend to their course related questions.
- Native or near native fluency in Italian
- Master's Degree in Italian, or in applied linguistics or linguistics with a concentration in Italian or a related field
- Employment history of at least two years of successful teaching experience at the college level or equivalent capacity to fully teach using an online/remote modality.
- The ideal candidate will possess the ability to relate well to a diverse population of community college learners.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply please submit the following:
- Letter of interest describing your teaching qualifications and teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information (e-mail address and phone number) of three references familiar with the applicant's teaching experience and/or academic career
- Copy of highest degree earned
Please send these materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Italian Adjunct Faculty position in the subject line.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply