Institutional Data Analyst
Position: Institutional Data Analyst
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Supervisor: Associate Director of Institutional Research
General Purpose: The Institutional Data Analyst provides data reporting needed for internal ad hoc requests, external survey requests, annual reports and accreditation submissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing support to the campus community through the development of institutional reports using:
• Maintaining the Infomaker reporting tool by:
• Instructing users on accessing Infomaker and running reports
• Organizing reports so they are accessible to the correct constituencies
• Creating, deleting, and/or updating reports as necessary
• Assisting the Associate Director for Institutional Research in completing federal, state, and other external reporting requirements.
• Producing clear and precise written and oral reports for the Senior Director of Institutional Effectiveness and the Vice President of Technology and Institutional Effectiveness.
• Staying current on Jenzabar tables, the information stored in them, and the naming/abbreviation conventions created by module managers.
Attend professional conferences and seminars when needed.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Social Sciences, Information Systems, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly MS Access
• 3-5 years prior experience working in higher education
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituencies of the college
• Prior experience working with Infomaker or other relational database reporting tools
• Highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of statistics and reporting
• Ability to work independently
• Master's degree in Business, Social Sciences, Information Systems, or related field
• Knowledge of and experience with Jenzabar
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Institutional Research.
Responsibility for public contact: Contact with external and internal constituencies in-person, by telephone, and electronically are an integral aspect of the position. Courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment are vital.
Licensing and Certification: None
Tools and Equipment:
Personal Computer including (but not limited to) the following software: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Jenzabar.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Significant usage of personal computers on a daily basis is necessary. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.