Health Services Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
SUPERVISOR: Vice President for Student Affairs
HOURS: 11am - 7pm Monday through Thursday, 9am -5pm Friday
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 5
The Nurse works collaboratively with their colleagues to ensure a high level of care and service to members of the Molloy community. The Health Services Nurse collects and maintains immunization and health records for all new and residential students as per the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidelines/standards. The Nurse prepares and submits the annual NYSDOH survey and monitors COVID cases regularly for the entire campus community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain immunization compliance with NYSDOH standards. Examine and interpret health documents. Enter immunization information into Jenzabar to create health profiles for all students. Communicate with students via mail, phone and/or email regarding the collection of required documentation. Prepare and submit the annual NYSDOH survey. Participates in on call rotation with other nurse for after hours and weekends.
- Participate in meetings on and off campus. Organize wellness programs/emails/social media campaigns for various health topics. General office functions such as processing payment authorizations, placing supply orders, monitoring budget.
- Serve as a health resource and assist students regarding health issues and make referrals as needed. Maintain health information subscriptions. Serve as a resource for health insurance information for students and families. Provide a nursing presence at emergency calls for the Rockville Centre campus. Serve as a resource for health issues for the entire Molloy Community.
- Work closely with the Departments of Health regarding positive cases of COVID-19 for members of the Molloy community, and assist with contact tracing. Maintain information on best practices related to COVID-19, flu, and other illnesses and stay up to date on all potential pandemic information.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite, Jenzabar Software, Social Media skills
- B.S. Nursing Master's Degree preferred in nursing or related field Must have current RN license for NYS
- 1-3 years experience
- Knowledge regarding NYSDOH immunization guidelines. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and phone skills. Competent in use of Jenzebar and computer. Knowledge in use of Excel. Ability to prioritize during busy periods and during campus emergencies.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.