Financial Aid Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid Department
SUPERVISOR: Director of Financial Aid
HOURS: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday - one evening required. Hours subject to change during high volume work load.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 2
Assist in daily operations of the financial aid, answer phone and work counter duty when assigned. Greet students and parents when needed. Work with human resources regarding tuition remission and graduate assistant program. Responsible for running reports for graduating and withdrawn students. Work Graduation Festival.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the daily operations of Financial Aid. Greet Students/Parents, answer incoming phone calls, counter duty, provide information, schedule appointments.
- Work with Human Resources to calculate and award tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Review all (ISIR'S) Institutional Student Information Reports. Correspond with students regarding incomplete ISIR's and continuing students who are selected for verfication.
- Enter and distribute information regarding completed exit loan counseling.
- Attend graduation festival
- Responsible for Graduating students (May/August/December) Loan Informaiton follow-up.
- Run reports, graduating students, withdrawn or below half time students
- Printing and mailing of letters to students
- FAFSA Renewal Reminder, Posters, Emails
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Excel Microsoft Office Outlook Microsoft Office Word
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply