Financial Aid Assistant
Position: Financial Aid Assistant
Report to: Financial Aid Director and Associate Director
- Assist Students and Parents in person or by phone
- Enter all Incoming Financial Aid Documentation
- Receive and review the Mail for the Financial Aid Office
- Update the office calendar/ Director’s Calendar on Outlook
- Pay the Bills of the Financial Aid Office
- Keep Track of the Financial Aid Office Budget
- Perform various task in effort to maintain desk/office daily operations
- Counter Duty
- Print and Distribute Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR)
- Send Students Award Letters, Follow up Letters, Fafsa reminder as needed
- Order Office Supplies/ Manage work order
- Keep Track of the Waiting List for Additional Aid
- Assist with the updates of Verification Documents
- Record Financial Aid Office Minutes at Meetings
- Maintain Service on Financial Aid Office Equipment
- Responsible for preparing all required material/equipment for each new academic year
- Assist With Data Entry
- Assist in monitoring the Work Study Students work flow
- Manage the Undergraduate Assistant
- Other Duties Assigned by the Director
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent, and at least 1 year of Financial Aid experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to multitask. Must provide superior customer service, and be detail- oriented. Knowledge of Financial Aid regulations and the PowerFaids system is a plus.
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday through Friday, some evening/ weekend work required.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.