Director for the Office of International Education
Hours: Full-Time Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, evenings and weekends may be required. Travel is required both national & international for periods of 3-4 weeks. As the leader of international travel for Molloy College, it will be expected that the Director will travel with students. Additionally, the successful incumbent will travel to potential destinations to establish partnerships.
Department: International Education/Office of Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs
This individual is responsible for comprehensive organization and oversight of the International Education Office. This includes organizing international experiences, establishing affiliation and daily management of business operations. This individual must have an understanding of the demands of international travel and experience in establishing international partnerships. They must foresee complications and resolve conflicts. This individual is accountable for ensuring that the international travel program meets the learning outcomes established in the safest possible way. The individual in this position must be capable of professional, independent activity. Numerous trips are organized for hundreds of student annually, requiring special attention to detail and organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organizes and manages international opportunities
- Assist the academic leadership and faculty with the integration of international programs in academic areas
- Provide the creative vision and direction in the designing of international academic programs
- Establish partnerships and affiliations with institutions throughout the world
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs in the creation and maintenance of a Policies and Procedure Manual and Handbook for International Education
- Research international short and long term programs, developing curriculum with learning objectives that encourage student to be able to examine the world from more than one cultural viewpoint
- Collaborate with representatives from international colleges, universities, and organizations on opportunities for faculty and students
- Chair the International Education Advisory Board
2. Coordinates international travel activity
- Prepare and maintain a 3 year schedule of short-term international travel
- Organize and participate in the pre-departure meetings for students and faculty
- Mitigate and manage the risk associated with all international travel
- Develop and maintain the crisis management plan for international travel in consultation and collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Analyze post trip assessment data to implement change
3. Provide department Oversight
- Develop the annual budget
- Communicate department needs with the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Supervises department personnel
4. Program Development
- Build a strategy to increase international student enrollment
- Create a strategy to attract international researchers
- Mentor faculty to participate in OIE initiatives
- Develop and circulate marketing materials
- Organize academic seminars that prepares students for the international experiences
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- 5-8 years' work related experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher)
- Experience with Adobe Suite and Web Development
- Supervision Exercised:
- Supervises work of others (non-students), including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards. Is responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff. Plans organizational structure and job content.
- Supervises work of others (students), including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards. Is responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff. Plans organizational structure and job content.
Application deadline: April 1st 2019
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.