Director Experiential Learning and COR
Position: Director Experiential Learning and COR
Department: Office of Academic Affairs
Reports To: Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
General Purpose: In keeping with the mission of Molloy College, the Director of Experiential Learning oversees all aspects of service learning curriculum, assists disciplines in establishing internship opportunities and oversees the Core Coursework, which includes a civic engagement component.
The Director of Experiential Learning designs, coordinates, and evaluates service learning initiatives, civic engagement, COR and integration of these experiences into the First Year Experience coursework, in consultation with the First Year Experience Director. The primary responsibility of this individual is the creation and implementation of initiatives in all aspects of experiential learning. Office oversight, budget management, development of service-learning initiatives, and providing support to academic areas are all responsibilities of this individual.
A knowledge of how civic engagement, service learning and internship experience adds value to the educational experience of every undergraduate student . Individual should have a good knowledge of Long Island resources and how to best utilize those resources. They are potentially responsible for ensuring that all undergraduate students have a service learning or internship experience prior to degree completion
This job description represents an overview of the essential functions of this job. This is not a complete listing of all required duties. Specific duties may vary over time to meet the needs of the College
Oversee Service Learning, Civic Engagement and Internships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- collaborate on marketing materials with Office of Academic Affairs and Public Relations
- locate opportunities for student experiences/attend external events to assess and recruit opportunities
- assess student experience in service learning and internships
- collaborate with faculty, academic leadership, and Career Center for coordinating appropriate opportunities.
- meet individually with students and connect to appropriate sites that meet the student's future educational plans
- work with faculty liaisons by creating workshops for faculty on Service learning
- distribute evaluations to all participants involved in Service learning
- produce a newsletter for the office
- maintain the webpage
- coordinates First Year Experience (FYE) and learning community coursework in consultation with the FYE Director
Qualifications: 3 to 5 years related experience
Education: Master’s degree; Doctoral degree preferred
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.