SUPERVISOR: Director of Alumni Relations
HOURS: 9am-5pm Monday through Friday
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 4
This position requires an innovative, passionate, self-motivated individual who believes in the promise of higher education, the impact it has on individuals, and the importance higher education institutions have on the future of our world. The successful candidate will build authentic relationships with prospects, convey the goals and needs of Molloy College, and assist in fundraising activities that align donor interests with the needs of the College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a consistently shifting portfolio of prospects, with independent responsibility to develop and execute strategies that engage, provide primary source information, secure visits, and establish early visit solicitation and investment that leverage donor's interests and financial
- Assist with key fundraising programs such as All In Day and Giving Tuesday; and, in other fundraising activities as appropriate.
- Oversee student philanthropy efforts, including oversight of the Student Philanthropy Council; educating current students about the importance of giving back to Molloy; coordinating alumni involvement; and providing leadership to the Class Gift Campaign for the graduating class.
- Assist in identifying alumni honorees for special events such as the Gala and the Golf Outing; and identifying major donors.
- Attend and network at alumni events; in advance of events, identify potential key prospects of those who will be attending and share with staff.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, English or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, public relations and/or annual giving and stewardship preferred.
- Higher Education experience preferred.
- Raisers Edge and Research Point, Blackbaud Microsoft Office Suite.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.