DEPARTMENT: MIS & Operations
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director of Information Technology
HOURS: 9am - 5 pm Monday through Friday. Required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 6
The Database Administrator assists with all aspects of the Jenzabar ERP system, JICS Portal and other related software and databases for the College. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying, researching, selecting, analyzing, implementing and troubleshooting the databases of the College. The successful candidate will have or acquire a high level of proficiency using and administering the Jenzabar ERP database, Microsoft Access, SQL Databases, MySQL and other database/software packages. Previous experience using these software packages is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and maintain new scripts, stored procedures and programs with SQL Report Writer. Modify existing code, projects, and programs.
- Respond to support requests in a timely manner and keep end users informed of how and when problems are resolved.
- Build test environments and data interfaces for testing purposes. Install and configure new SQL Servers. Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors.
- Create and maintain program interfaces with outside vendors.
- Work within the development team to support application development and automation of processes.
- Work closely with the Institutional Effectiveness team and the Senior Director of IT to provide troubleshooting and problem solving as well as assist in reporting for the College.
- Contribute to a support knowledge base for common problems.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft suite
- Extensive experience with database development tools, ETL and integration technologies
- Web Development Install, upgrade, configure and maintain Web Servers such as IIS, etc. Experience with ASP.NET/C#.
- Jenzabar software
- Microsoft Access Experience developing interfaces to SQL-based databases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- 3-5 years' experience
Not responsible for supervising others (students, staff, administrator employees)
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.