SUPERVISOR: Director of Facilities
HOURS: Monday - Friday 11pm to 7am
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: N/A
To keep the premises of the College's buildings and property in a clean and orderly condition. Must be able to work within established standard procedures in an assigned area without constant supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning and disinfecting classrooms, offices, residence halls, hallways, stairwells, cafeteria, lobbies and other areas as assigned.
- Cleaning and disinfecting restrooms; to include all sinks, toilets and urinals, walls and floors. Replenish paper supplies and hand soap as necessary.
- Emptying wastebaskets and trashcans. Transporting trash and waste to disposal areas. Picking up refuse from exterior entrances to buildings.
- Cleaning rooms and areas before and after campus events. Dusting/wiping down furniture and equipment.
- Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing and polishing of floors. Vacuuming and shampooing of carpets.
- Washing walls, woodwork and glass on entry doors. Rearranging furniture as necessary.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Degree
- 1-3 years' experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.