FSLA Status: Exempt(full Time; 10 months, 40 hours)
Department: Campus Ministries
Reports To: Vice President for Mission and Advancement
Primary Purpose/Position Summary: As a part of the Campus Ministries team, the chaplain will work collaboratively with the team in providing for the overall well-being of the Molloy College community, most especially our students. The sacramental life of the College is a particular focus of the chaplain. As a person devoted to pastoral presence, the chaplain will strive in word and action to embody the mission statement of Molloy College in its Catholic faith, and its Dominican charism.
Job Components/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liturgy and Sacraments
- Preside and preach at Sunday 8:30 p.m. Mass.
- Preside at weekday daily mass at 12: 15 p.m.
- Participate in l liturgy planning for major r liturgical celebrations.
- Provide on-going formation for liturgical ministers (EM's, Sacristans, and Lectors)
- Nurture a vital sacramental life for the com muni ty, including regular offerings of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Preside at College com muni ty liturgies including the Opening School/Mass of the Holy Spirit, Alumni Mass, Ash Wednesday, and Baccalaureate Mass.
- Faith Formation
- Coordinate Faith Formation in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults process and ongoing adult catechesis when appropriate.
- Leading Invocations and Benedictions at events when requested.
- Assist in planning and attend the Fall and Spring Retreat.
- Pastoral Care
- Provide a pastoral presence within the College community, with a particular focus on the students.
- Offer a pastoral and ethical voice on contemporary issues.
- Coordinate bereavement outreach with Campus Ministries, including periodic hospital visits, wakes, and funerals when appropriate.
- General Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Campus Ministries team, make the department a place of welcome and hospitality.
- Participate in all Campus Ministries meetings and gatherings.
- Participate in and contribute to relevant committees of the College.
- Collaborations with Students Affairs, Athletics, Academics, Counseling Center, etc.
- Opportunity for full-time faculty appointment with released time for Chaplain/Campus Ministries.
- Ordained Catholic priest in good standing.
- A person of deep faith, well-grounded in the Catholic theological tradition, capable of thoughtful and dynamic preaching relevant to the student community.
- Commitment to working as member of Campus Ministries team.
- Pastoral skills responsive to the needs of the College community with a focus on students.
- Some experience working with young adults preferred.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.