Director, Career Center
DEPARTMENT: Career Center, Student Affairs
SUPERVISOR: Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA)
HOURS: 35 hours: Monday through Thursday 10am-6pm & Friday 8am-4pm GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 6 - Exempt
The Director of The Career Center oversees the operations of The Career Center and provides leadership, vision and direction to attain the College's goals via the strategic plan through Career Center student support programs focusing on student success with career exploration, employment/internship searches, resume review, interview preparation, and graduate school applications. The Director is also responsible for establishing relationships with employers and building partnerships for employment/internship opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements innovative approaches to support students' career development, job and graduate school searches with the specific goal of improving students' career readiness and career success, and assisting alumni with support as needed.
- Establishes and maintains productive and positive relationships with colleagues both on and off campus, including faculty, staff, administrators, employers, alumni, and other relevant groups to help infuse career readiness into the campus and professional communities. Presents to classes.
- Develops and promotes departmental print and electronic marketing to inform and educate students, alumni and employers on available programs and services. Evaluates available technologies, selects and secures funding for most relevant platforms, and assesses their impact on students' career development.
- Meets regularly with students for resume and interview consultation, and internship/employment exploration. Assists those experiencing career changes, career exploration - coordinates assessment for students deciding on a career path.
- Coordinates job placement data for the College post-graduation, serves as liaison between Career Center and respective schools, and works to develop solid internship opportunities for students.
- The Director oversees all elements of The Career Center budget- payment authorizations, budget transfers, purchase orders, etc.
- The Director is required to participate and present at all enrollment events including but not limited to Accepted Student Days, Open Houses. Also required to participate in New Student Orientation Programs, evening workshops and networking events. Travel required for related conferences, meetings with employers
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in counseling, education or related field.
- 5-8 years of work related experience.
- Must be able to act independently, utilize discretion and professionalism at all times, and be approachable and welcoming to students and all constituencies.
- Ability to make decisions regarding employer partnerships, career/internship fairs, software for department to increase student access to resources.
- The Director will be required to collaborate internally and externally.
- The Director of the Career Center requires an energetic and entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. The successful applicant should possess comprehensive experience in a collegiate environment working with undergraduate students as well as the ability to effectively interact with the faculty, staff, students, parents, and administrators. Additionally, the Director should have high-level experience within experiential education and career advising, the ability to work with all majors and class years, strong presentation skills and an understanding of the commitment to the college mission and student population of Molloy College.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED - Students & Non-Students
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership. All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.