Position Title: Assistant Registrar
Supervisor: Sue Fortman
Hours: Mon - Fri 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., extended hours for events as needed
Grade Level: 3
The Registrar's Office provides quality services and support to faculty, students, administrators, alumni and external community through timely and accurate handling of enrollment activities and records according to academic policies, professional standards and governmental regulations, consistent with Molloy's educational mission and strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitie:
- Manage graduate-and doctoral level change of programs, graduation reviews for all levels, thesis approval tracking, diploma distribution, substitutions, trouble-shooting for requirement trees, commencement records, degree honors, honor societies, catalog validation for degree requirements. Work with Chairs and Deans.
- Accurately process and approve: registration, withdrawals, graduation, personal info changes, emergency contacts, transcripts, enrollment/degree verifications, transfer entry, attendance tracking, professional licenses. Solve issues for students, advisors, faculty and administrators. Oversee and handle: grade changes, degree audit records, substitutions.
- Work in degree audit and academic planning.
- Technical support and troubleshooting along with informational support and guidance for students, advisors, faculty, administrators/counselors, Student Support Services, Student Solution Center, Admissions, Financial Aid, HS Scholar's Program, Professional Development Institutes and others.
- Catalog editing and proofing yearly working in content management software.
- Assist with transfer credit entry and troubleshooting relating to credits and degree audits.
- File Room manager. Oversee special projects as needed.
- Outstanding customer services to students, faculty, administrators and the public for all office services and guidance. Assist, advise and counsel on academic policies in the catalogs, student handbooks, the web and other media.
- Follow governmental regulations and laws for student privacy and rights for FERPA, Title IX, American Disabilities Act and Rehabilitation Acts, Solomon Act, NY State and any others that apply. Support the mission and goals of Molloy College in performance of job. Training events.
- This position will change or expand as the software and new technologies emerge. Special projects or new responsibilities may be assigned. Job training and skills development as needed through opportunities in HR and off-campus.
- Collaboration is required to directly support Enrollment Management staff in SSC, Admissions, Bursar's and Financial Aid, as well as, other offices that support academics for students. Service also includes students, faculty, administrators, the community and other institutions.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3-5 years working in Higher Education, preferred.
- People skills and detail-oriented. Accuracy. Comfortable implementing new software and technology.
- Good judgment, critical thinking analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Experience with or related experience for Excel, Outlook, Word, SIS software experience, Infomaker or reporting software, other software for scanning, diplomas, storage, degree audit.
- Excellent communications capabilities both written and verbal.
- Customer service reflective of caring work environment and ethics.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources,
Molloy College 1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
An Equal Opportunity
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply