Assistant Professor of Biology
Molloy College has a full-time, tenure track opening at the Assistant Professor level for a broadly trained biologist. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching and the liberal arts, ongoing scholarly research, and service to the department and College. Based on their expertise and interest, the successful candidate is expected to teach 12 credits per semester in the undergraduate Biology BS programs, as well as actively mentor and conduct research with undergraduate students in the Biology BS program.
Candidates must possess a PhD in an appropriate biological discipline; postdoctoral work and teaching experience are preferred.
• Teach in the undergraduate Biology BS program
• Actively mentor and conduct research with Biology undergraduate students
• Conduct field-specific research to enhance general body of knowledge and provide publication opportunities, or avidly pursue other forms of professional development
• Present research findings and other academic papers at national or professional conferences
• Support Biology undergraduate research students to present research findings at local and national conferences
• Support and participate in college committees and/or professional organizations to develop professional partnerships and meet the academic needs of the institution.
• Support the College initiatives to recruit and retain talented students.
• Participate as an active member of the Molloy College community.
• Evening or weekend hours could be required to support programs or special events
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com .
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.