Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
Molloy College invites applications for a faculty position in Environmental Science at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is tenure track. Appointment at the Associate level (with the granting of Tenure) requires teaching experience and scholarly credentials commensurate with current Molloy College policy. All applicants must demonstrate excellence and productivity in scholarly research as well as a strong commitment to teaching in the liberal arts. Active service to Molloy College and the community at large is also required. We welcome applications from candidates who bring diverse cultural, ethnic and national perspectives to their teaching, scholarship and service.
Candidates must possess a PhD in an appropriate discipline; postdoctoral work and teaching experience are preferred. Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates with a background in GIS mapping and/or Bio-informatics. Applied field research associated with the Molloy College Center for Environmental Research and Coastal Oceans Monitoring (CERCOM) Field Station is expected. Activities such as GIS analysis and product development, analytical chemistry, environmental monitoring and biological/ecological inventory are encouraged.
• Teach 12 credits per semester in the undergraduate Earth and Environmental Studies BS program
• Actively mentor and conduct research with Environmental Studies undergraduate students. The successful candidate is also expected to work with student participants in Molloy's Collegiate Science and Technology Entry (CSTEP) Program, the Alumni, Students, Professors, Internships, Research, Enrichment (ASPIRE) to Careers in Science program, and the Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program, including offering research opportunities during portions of Molloy's Summer Sessions.
• Present research findings and other academic papers at national or professional conferences
• Support Environmental Studies undergraduate research students to present research findings at local and national conferences
• Support and participate in college committees and/or professional organizations to develop professional partnerships and meet the academic needs of the institution.
• Support initiatives to recruit and retain talented students.
• Participate as an active member of the Molloy College community.
• Evening or weekend hours could be required to support programs or special events
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com .
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.