Assistant Director for Web Content
DEPARTMENT: Office of Strategic and Digital Communications
SUPERVISOR: Susanna Stickley
HOURS: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 4
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic and Digital Communications, the Assistant Director for Web Content is responsible for maintaining and optimizing Molloy College's website, www.molloy.edu. This is achieved through planning, editorial calendars, writing, use of images, SEO optimization, data analysis and collaboration throughout the College. Based on a clear understanding of institutional goals and campaigns, this individual will maintain a database of potential stories that can be developed with colleagues in Strategic and Digital Communications, marketing, public relations, admissions, athletics, student life, mission and the academic departments. The Assistant Director manages the Digital Content Specialist, and will manage a part-time Content Auditor in support of an anticipated website overhaul. The Assistant Director will meet with department leads to review and optimize their presence on the website, updating content as necessary. This individual is an integral member of the Strategic and Digital Communications Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee content development for Molloy College website.
- Manage two direct reports, the Digital Content Specialist and the part-time Content Auditor.
- Work closely with the Strategic and Digital Communications team to devise a web content strategy that supports the College's goals.
- Take a leadership role in the overhaul of the College's website.
- In collaboration with colleagues in Strategic and Digital Communications, create and communicate a content calendar to ensure consistent, high quality content that supports the College's goals on the website throughout the year.
- In collaboration with colleagues in Strategic and Digital Communications, admissions, student affairs, athletics, alumni, public relations, marketing and academic departments, produce entertaining and informative search engine optimized copy, incorporating targeted keywords.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in higher education website content strategy and generate new ideas to draw audience's attention, taking advantage of available professional development opportunities.
- Update and maintain all sections of the website including homepage.
- Train and manage colleagues as necessary in content management system.
- Use CMS and Google analytics to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics, make recommendations to improve campaigns based on data analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director for Social Media to ensure consistent messaging between website and social media channels.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director for Social Media on content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
- Inform constituents of, and ensure compliance with, Americans with Disabilities Act, copyright and data privacy protection laws.
- Meet with editorial content producers in academic departments regularly to review and identify opportunities to optimize content for maximum engagement based on institutional goals, relevance, engagement and analytics.
- Edit, proofread and improve content as necessary.
- Gather, format and distribute content for College internal newsletter.
- Update and maintain Molloy College Intranet.
- Monitor competitor websites.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field, or relevant experience.
- Five or more years' experience in Content Management, Digital and/or Traditional Marketing, or proven relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative ability to produce interesting ideas for new content.
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter.
- Experience with proprietary and open-source Content Management Systems, Ingeniux a plus, knowledge of HTML and web publishing.
- Understanding of and experience implementing SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Understanding of social media and distributed content management strategy.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team, but can manage independent assignments and deadlines.
- Demonstrate and maintain awareness and understanding of current trends in higher education marketing, particularly website development.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.