Arabic Adjunct Faculty Position
The Department of Languages and Cultures at Molloy College invites applications for an Arabic Adjunct Faculty position starting on Fall 2020.
Candidates must have:
- A native or near native fluency in Arabic
- A Master's Degree in Arabic, or in applied linguistics or linguistics with a concentration in Arabic or a related field
- A history of at least two years of successful teaching experience at the college level or equivalent.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply please submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing your teaching qualifications and teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information (e-mail address and phone number) of three references familiar with the applicant's teaching experience and/or academic career
- A copy of their highest degree earned.
The Arabic Section is part of the Department of Languages and Cultures, which also offers American Sign Language, English as a Second Language, Mandarin, French, Italian, and Spanish. Courses in the department are in their most part conducted in the target language and focus on providing meaningful communicative interactions and cultural experiences that promote cultural competency.
The adjunct faculty members are responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering instruction to students in cooperation with the department's Chairperson and other faculty.
- Using a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning and encourage active learning in all students
- Maintaining proper class-related records
- Promptly assessing student's coursework and appraising students of progress
- Meeting with students before or after class if they need to in order to attend to their course related questions.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to relate well to a diverse population of community college learners.
Please send these materials via email to email@example.com or via regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 Hempstead Ave.
PO Box 5002
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.