DEPARTMENT: MIS & Operations
SUPERVISOR: Senior Developer
HOURS: 9am -5pm Monday through Friday
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 5
The Application Developer will plan, design and develop technical solutions using industry standard programming design and development practices. They will maintain and improve existing applications used at the College that seek to improve institutional effectiveness. The successful candidate will also assist their supervisor with implementation projects for new applications. Must have working experience on both the front and back end of robust web applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and maintain software solutions, web applications, and RESTful API services (full lifecycle application development) that seek to improve institutional processes.
- Work across constituent groups, teams, and departments to evaluate project requirements and constraints. Serve as the primary point of contact for implementation of new and existing applications. Prepare training and support materials for developed and purchased applications.
- Evaluate existing applications and execute necessary updates and modifications to performance, usability, and automation on a priority basis. Ensure that all code is well designed, testable, efficient, and complies with project plans and industry standards.
- Assist the supervisor with maintaining relational and non-relational databases, queries, views, and stored procedures.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Web Development
- Statistical software
- Jenzabar Software
- Working experience with creating forms, handling async client requests (AJAX), and creating secure authentication and authorization-based processes
- Experience with the Git CLI version-control system -
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, RESTful principles, and all stages of the application development lifecycle -
- Experience, certification, or education in industry standard programming languages
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of building intuitive, responsive, and adaptive design (mobile friendly)
- Knowledge of deploying websites via Apache & Microsoft IIS preferred
Not responsible for supervising others (students, staff, administrator employees)
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.