Administrative Coordinator of Clinical Placements: Graduate and DNP Programs
SCHOOL: School of Nursing and Health Sciences
SUPERVISOR: Associate Dean for Advanced Nursing Practice and DNP programs
HOURS: Monday through Friday 9am-5pm
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 4
Coordinate with Associate Dean for Advanced Nursing Practice and DNP programs, Director of the APRN and DNP programs, and Program Coordinators to ensure clinical sites are secured for Graduate Nursing Students. The Administrative Coordinator of Clinical Placements is an integral member of the SON graduate and DNP clinical nursing programs. They play a pivotal role in communication between healthcare facilities, faculty, students, and administration in the SON. They are the point person for establishing contacts with preceptors and generating placement contracts for students to carry out clinical hours. Paramount in the role is communication between healthcare facilities and the faculty, students, and administration of the SON, Graduate, and DNP programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and facilitate ongoing collaboration between the College and clinical agencies, private offices, and academic institutions.
- Collaborate and maintain communication between faculty, college, and community partners. Network with community partners to build a pool of clinical sites.
- Acts as the liaison between agencies, faculty, preceptors, and students. Specifically, act as "point person" for calls, emails, and questions related to clinical placements.
- Maintain documentation pertaining to student requests, preceptor qualifications, and faculty.
- Initiate preceptor placement process;
a. Give faculty completed lists of students and placements
b. Submit requests to institutions and agencies regarding clinical placements
c. Upon faculty approval, process the student placement form
d. Enter requests into appropriate portals
e. Follow up with calls/emails confirming placements
f. Communicate secure placements or unavailable placements to faculty
g. Prepare contracts and addendums for approval by College and site.
h. Process the contract (prepare it and then send to the Dean for signature)
i. Once signed mail out contract
- Maintain database for all student placement tracking
- Once contract comes back signed from the facility, note it in the clinical database - site is confirmed and date it was received.
- Then file signed contracts and student placement form.
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation process. Develop data reports related to clinical site evaluations. Specifically:
a. Maintains records of placement locations
b. Edit/Update student/preceptor clinical competency forms
c. Student evaluations of placement
d. Preceptor evaluations of students
e. Log of clinical hours
f. Maintain record of preceptor's CV
- Mails acknowledge letters and certificates to
b. Nurse Managers
c. Facility placement coordinator
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Office 365, Jenzabar
- 3-5 years' experience
- High School Diploma
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER