Administrative Assistant/ Accommodations Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Disability Support Services (DSS/STEEP)
SUPERVISOR: DSS/STEEP Coordinator
HOURS: 24 hrs. per week; hours varied based on students' testing schedules
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 2
Under general supervision, supports an environment in which every Molloy College student has access to the full college experience. Provides general administrative support and maintains the smooth running of students' testing accommodations including but not limited to arranging and proctoring exams at the DSS/STEEP Testing Center in Rockville Centre, at the Suffolk site, and virtually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the daily operation of the DSS/STEEP office: Respond to emails and phone calls, schedule in-person and virtual appointments for Coordinators, monitor budget, process payment authorizations, place supply orders, stock and maintain inventory of supplies, and attend meetings on and off campus as needed. Additional tasks as requested.
- Maintain Testing Center: Process scheduling of exams through Accommodate, print and prepare exams and cover sheets for in-person exams, ensure quiet environment in Testing Center for students taking exams, contact professors for test copies and for student questions during exams, deliver or scan completed tests to faculty, support in-person safety precautions.
- Serve as a Proctor for exams: Administer exams, monitor students for academic integrity through personal observation and video surveillance, read test questions or scribe responses when directed via student's accommodation, virtually proctor via video conferencing for individual students needing a reader for online tests, arrange hours for proctoring at the Rockville Centre and Suffolk Center locations for in-person tests. Requires flexible hours, from 6am-9pm (most hours between 8am-4pm). May require travel between RVC and Suffolk campus in same day.
- Communicate and interact with members of the Molloy community: Assist students and faculty, responding in a timely manner with a welcoming and professional demeanor. Must follow FERPA regulations; Sensitive documentation and/or spoken information concerning students must be respected and kept private and confidential at all times.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency; MS Suite; experience with Jenzabar and Accommodate a plus
- Flexibility in hours; travel between main campus and Suffolk Center in one day, as needed.
- Experience working with college students with disabilities preferred.
- Experience with captioning a plus
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.