Administrative Assistant II
SUPERVISOR: Director of Corporate Relations
HOURS: 9am-5pm Monday through Friday Must be able to work early and/or late hours as necessary.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 3
Provides general administrative support to the Director of Corporate Relations. Receives, screens and directs, incoming calls, visitors, mail, e-mails and social media related to corporate relationships, events and scholarships. Prepares and maintains files and records according to established guidelines. Uses business software applications (e.g., word processing, presentation and excel spreadsheets); and, college related databases (Raisers Edge NXT, IModules) to prepare standard correspondence, support event logistics and the tracking/processing of scholarships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process deposits and record gifts in database, generates timely acknowledgment letters and manages matching gift process. Creates queries and reports in database. Tracks budget spending, purchase orders and provides budget summaries/reports on a monthly basis.
- Creates timely communication pieces through social media to campus events and news. Responds to inquires through social media, email and telephone. Coordinates large batch mailings through both USPS and email.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director of Corporate Relations, including assistance in the scheduling of corporate meetings; development of follow-up correspondence; tracking of donations in Raiser's Edge NXT; and assistance in prospect research on prospective corporate partners.
- Maintains files, proprietary follow-up and provides assistance to the Director of Corporate Relations in the tracking and coordination of campus-wide scholarships. This includes maintaining files on each scholarship, including all agreements and correspondence; and, administrative and logistical support of the annual scholarship, legacy dinner for donors and recipients.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for all corporate events, workshops, symposiums, and meetings that support corporate relationships and planning. This support includes management/follow-up registration, interaction with IT and other departments; coordination with vendor and caterers, processing event fees and thank you letters.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Director of Corporate Relations and/or the Development office.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft suite
- Databases - Raiser's Edge Web Development Modules, Canvas, Adobe Spark Jenzabar software
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years' experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.