Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Learning Center/Nursing
SUPERVISOR: Mary Lane
HOURS: 9-5 or 10-6 flexibility required
Provides general oversight of day-to-day administrative operations. Prioritizes and resolves administrative and procedural issues and concerns. Maintains files, records, calendars. Arranges business travel, coordinates meeting arrangements, and tracks expenses and other budgetary transactions. Works directly with external constituents (e.g., job applicants, members, vendors, visitors, prospective students, parents, corporate or institutional contacts, external faculty) and Molloy community members to support and/or resolve routine and non-routine issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the first point of contact for both internal and external constituents (i.e., vendors, parents, visitors) and resolves both routine and more complex issues with a fair amount of latitude.
- Prepares correspondence, maintains files and databases. Schedules and confirms appointments, shares documents and other materials and arranges travel.
- Initiates, schedules and/or monitors the processing of hiring requests, budget transfers, contracts, requisitions, supplies and room reservation and setup.
- Develops and/or edits documents, taking into account the intended audience, within guidelines of supervisor.
- May supervise support staff and/or work-study students in more complex tasks.
- May have a lead role in managing events for a department or division.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Degree
- 3-5 years' experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER