Administrative Assistant 1
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
SUPERVISOR: Student Health Services Nurse
HOURS: 9:30am-5:30pm M-F during the fall 9am-5pm M-F during the summer June Off
Provides general administrative support within academic or administrative offices. Receives screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail. Prepares and maintains files and records according to established guidelines. Uses business software applications (e.g., word processing, presentation and spreadsheet) to prepare standard correspondence. Coordinates meeting arrangements, and completes and tracks expenses and other budgetary transactions. The administrative assistant should be a friendly and welcoming face who is professional and able to balance multiple tasks at the same time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds directly to typical or foreseeable issues. Assists in scheduling events for department or division. Answers general and routine questions from employees, students and families, and directs more specific or unusual questions to the correct person or resources
- Prepares and maintains files according to established guidelines. Makes copies, shares materials through various print and electronic mediums. Completes and tracks budgetary transactions and works with the Accounting office to resolve any routine budgetary inconsistencies.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for individuals. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory and arranges travel. Works with appropriate College offices to schedule or resolve issues regarding new employees or students, setup space and equipment
- Composes routine emails and prepares basic correspondence. Proofs documents created by self and others.
- May supervise work-study students in performing more routine tasks.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite, Knowledge of Jenzabar
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.