DEPARTMENT: Tutoring Services
SUPERVISOR: ACE Coordinator
HOURS: Flexible 8 to 25 hours per week
Provide content-based individual and small group tutoring to college students in various disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students to master concepts or applications of a specific course of study
- Help students develop independent study skills and critical thinking strategies to maximize their potential for learning
- Assist with the review and understanding of course content and assignments
- Keep track of appointments
- Provide regular feedback of students' progress to the Tutoring Services office
- Be available on a consistent weekly basis for standing schedule tutoring hours
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field: Biology, Chemistry, Math/Statistics/SPSS, Physics,
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with students in a high school or college setting
- The knowledge of how to develop effective college study skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copier, network printer, scanner, and various forms of adaptive technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply