All assistantships are available for September 5, 2014. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (applications, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resoures Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or budget has been expended. Please apply in the Human Resources Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall 112, by August 1, 2014.
Department: Enrollment Management
Supervisor: Krista Lombardo, Director of Student Relation
Position Title: Student Solution Center Representative
The graduate assistant will answer questions related to registration, billing, and financial aid. With an emphasis on exceptional customer service. Using a proactive approach, he or she will anticipate issues before they arise and make sure students have the right information to keep their college career on track. In addition, the graduate assistant will:
1. Assist students with inquiries and/or issues at the front counter. Work to resolve the issue.
2. Be responsible for gathering and disseminating pertinent information to students via the television monitor outside the Student Solution Center. Prepare all power point slides.
3. Demonstrate to students how to navigate Lions' Den. Assist students in signing their master promissory note and entrance counseling for Financial Aid.
4. Contact all students with a hold prior to early registration periods. After early registration period contact all students that have not registered.
5. Assist the Student Solution Center Counselor in facilitating workshops.
6. Contribute to the Enrollment Management Newsletters.
The candidate would preferably be in the Graduate Education Program and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. This position should help foster patience, active listening skills and group facilitation skills. All skills are essential for a successful teacher.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9am - 2pm