Education Coordinator and Certification Officer
SUPERVISOR: Associate Dean of Graduate Education and Assessment Coordinator
HOURS: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 5
The Coordinator will assist the Dean, Associate Deans, and Assessment Coordinator with all education programs. As Certification Officer, all issues relating to teacher certification as well as processing certification recommendations for undergraduate and graduate programs will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate transcripts of applicants to the program according to NYSED guidelines
- Request from registrar all transcripts and other documentation necessary to complete NYSED reports
- Verify course and certification compliance for prospective program completers
- Be responsible for submitting NYSED reports re: program completers
- Verify and submit certification applications to NYSESD at the appropriate times (May, August, December)
- Assist the Director in interviewing prospective candidates to the Graduate Education Programs, Post Masters Certificate Programs, and the Dual Degree Programs
- Represent the Graduate Education Department at meetings/functions when requested by the Director
- Advisement of Students Program Progression
- Assist the Associate Dean by addressing all certification issues, including:
- presenting certification to both undergraduate and graduate students annually, checking credentials of incoming students
- check all credentials of graduating students for certification requirements
- recommending graduating undergraduate and graduate students for certification through the Teach online website
- Interaction with the Offices of Admissions, Registrar, Continuing Education, Alumni Affairs, and Undergraduate and Graduate faculty
- Assist Assessment Coordinator with data for Title II reporting utilizing Jenzebar
- Title II Verification Report and CAEP Annual Report
- Update Alumni Employment Rates spreadsheet by researching various websites to determine if our graduates are employed.
- Assist in creating tables for SPA reports and CAEP Accreditation
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Education required, Administration certification preferred in the PreK-12 Community
- Expertise in technology including knowledge of ACCESS, Excel, and internet research abilities
- Excellent communication skills with both faculty and teacher candidates
- Knowledge of Teach online and certification requirements
- 5-8 years' experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.