Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: School of Arts and Sciences
SUPERVISOR: Dean, School of Arts and Science
HOURS: 35 hours a week
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: 3
Provides administrative support for the Office of Experiential Learning and the Office of The First Year Experience. Works directly with external constituents (e.g, vendors, visitors, prospective students and current student, parents, institutional contacts, external faculty) and internal staff to resolve routine and non-routine issues. Uses business software applications (e.g., word processing, presentation and spreadsheet). Coordinates meeting arrangement, and completes tracks expenses and other budgetary transaction. This position will be under the direction of Director of Experiential Learning and Director of The First Year Experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reportOrganize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Generate reports
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Order office supplies
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Manage appointments
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Provide general support to visitors
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Assist in making contact with organization to establish partnerships for student placement opportunities
- Cover academic Departments in Arts and Sciences when required
- Manage work-study students and process time sheet
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 3 -5 years of work related experience required.
- Proficient in operating standard office equipment (e.g., phones, printers, copies, fax).
- Demonstrates intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Work, Excel Power Point.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.