As part of Information Technology Client Services, the Rochelle Sager Media Center (K-211) is central to the changing technology needs of the Molloy community. We are here to help you with all of your technology needs.
What's Happening In Media/Client Services
Through this facility, students, staff and faculty have access to a wide range of audio visual services and equipment including, but not limited to:
- Networked PC and Apple workstations with CD/DVD players, burners and internet access
- Mobile computer workstations with portable data projectors
- Wireless laptop computers with network and internet access available for loan
- Response Card Student Clickers
- Digital video and still cameras
- Slide projectors and viewers
- High-speed scanners
- High resolution color and black and white printers
- Video and web conferencing capabilities
- Smart technology interactive white boards and sympodiums
The media center also houses the Faculty Development/Instructional Technology Lab (K-209). This facility is designed to keep faculty informed about emerging technologies, as well as new ways of bringing this technology to the classroom. The following services are available through individual appointments or in scheduled group sessions:
- Software training (in collaboration with the Faculty Professional Center) in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems
- Equipment training in the use of: Computers and projectors, iPads, digital cameras and scanners, document cameras, Mobile media carts, smart room components and online tutorials are also available.
Since 2003, the Media Center has been installing high-tech media enhancement components in classrooms and labs campus-wide. Today, we have 82 media-enhanced smart rooms and 27 with smart interactive white boards.