Facilities and Maintenance
The mission of the facilities department of Molloy College is to provide a sustainable, safe and healthy physical environment that supports the College in its delivery of teaching, research and public service. We do this through planning, designing, constructing and maintaining the facilities in a responsive, service-oriented and environmentally-conscious manner.
The facilities department is responsible for ensuring that the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of all the College facilities and grounds support the academic, research and administrative functions of the College. In addition to the operations, maintenance and repair of existing facilities, we are responsible for the construction management of renovations and new facilities.
- Continually promote and foster a commitment to customer service that meets the needs of a diverse campus community.
- Control and maintain building environments, providing a safe and healthy campus for students and employees.
- Plan and develop campus facilities and grounds through an integrated program of renovations, alterations, new construction and maintenance support.
- Continue to develop, evaluate and administer criteria and standards for the design, construction and aesthetic improvement of all campus facilities and grounds.
- Provide support to all campus events and ceremonies.
- Support the college's energy and environmental initiatives.
The facilities department consists of dedicated, skilled, professional employees trained in every trade required for the maintenance, repair and renovation of campus facilities. Services offered range from grounds maintenance to event support to custodial services to HVAC and controls to project planning, design and construction. The department coordinates all physical planning efforts and often finds solutions that satisfy several seemingly disparate needs.