Molloy College Dedicates First Residence Hall
May 18, 2012
Molloy College will name its first residence hall after former College president Sister Janet Fitzgerald in a dedication ceremony that will take place at 2 p.m. on May 18 on the Molloy campus. The residence hall, which opened in September 2011, will be known as Fitzgerald Hall.
Sister Janet Fitzgerald was Molloy's fourth president and held that title from 1972-1996. Her Molloy career spanned more than four decades at Molloy, where she was also a faculty member. The College saw many changes during her tenure as president, including a change of the school name to Molloy College (from Molloy Catholic College for Women), the addition of three new buildings to the campus, the creation or expansion of three new academic programs, and the launch the College's first master's degree program.
"Sister Janet was instrumental in the growth of Molloy from a small college for women into a co-educational, master's-granting institution," said Drew Bogner, Ph.D., Molloy's president. "Now she will forever be linked to the next phase of Molloy's growth, the addition of on-campus housing."
Molloy College, an independent Catholic college based in Rockville Centre, was founded in 1955. The College serves a student population of approximately 4,400 undergraduate and graduate students. Molloy students can earn degrees in a variety of outstanding academic programs, including nursing, business, education, social work, music therapy and many more.
- Residence Life Media Gallery The residence hall brings with it a residence program complete with community standards for living on campus, in-hall programming, weekend trips, intramural sports programs and much, much more!