Upcoming Career Fairs
Career Fairs may be the first step toward obtaining your first job, so make the most of it. Gather as much informaton as you can about the employers that you are interested in at these fairs and leave them with a good impression of who you are and your potential as an employee.
Career Fair Tips
- Bring plenty of copies of your resumé. It should accurately represent your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- First impressions matter. Bring a positive attitude.
- Be prepared. When you approach a recruiter, introduce yourself, hand them a copy of your resume and be prepared to chat it up. "Hello, I'm Tim Sampson. I just graduated from Molloy College with a degree in business. I'm interested in hearing about opportunities with your company."
- Familiarize yourself with who will be at the job fair and don't overlook companies you are not familiar with. There are often great opportunities with smaller businesses. Leave yourself open to every opportunity.
- Dress in interview attire.
Upcoming Career Workshops and Career Fairs for Fall 2013 to be announced.
Women For Hire events are great opportunities to meet face-to-face with front-line decision makers who represent top employers from throughout the country. This is the ideal chance to ask questions, sell yourself and gather valuable information.