Things to Bring/Things Not to Bring
What Do I Need?
What to Bring?! When deciding what to bring to campus, please keep in mind that space is limited and many items can be shared by roommate(s) and/or suitemates. Please be sure to contact your roommate(s)/suitemates before coming to campus to decide who will bring items like televisions, rugs, irons, ironing boards, etc.
Things to Bring to Campus
- Extra-long twin sheets (for singles, doubles and suites in Fitzgerald Hall)
- Twin sheets (for triples and all rooms in Maria Regina Hall)
- Pillows and pillow cases
- Shoe rack
- Stackable crates (no cement blocks/bricks)
- Shower caddy
- Shower shoes/Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Laundry soap/Dryer sheets
- Iron w/ automatic shut off
- Small ironing board
- Alarm clock
- Desk lamp/Reading light/Floor lamp (Non-Halogen)
- Laptop/Personal computer
- Mobile phone
- Small waste paper basket
- Television (only 1 cable connection per room)
- Radio/Stereo/iPod dock
- Area rug
- Small whiteboard w/ markers for door
Things NOT to Bring to Campus
- DJ equipment/Excessively large speakers
- Refrigerators of any size*
- Appliances: Hot plates, toasters/toaster ovens, microwaves*, coffee pots, popcorn poppers, hot pots, rice cookers, George Foreman grills, etc.
- Candles, oil lamps, incense
- Room decorations that pertain to alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or material which is sexually explicit or degrading
- Curtains, tapestries or cloth banners
- Halogen Lamps of any kind
- Pets of any kind (including fish)
- Weights heavier than 15 lbs.
- Electric blankets
- Plug-in air fresheners
- Excessively large storage bins
- Non-college furniture/mattress
- Non-college locks on doors
- Any weapon or dangerous instrument (inc. paintball markers)
- Fireworks or large quantities of flammable materials
- Barbeques of any kind (Charcoal, gas, electric)
- Extension cords (power strips are OK)
- Five Head Floor Lamp Irons without automatic shut off
- Cinder blocks, bricks or other items used to loft beds.
*Molloy College offers a MicroFridge® rental program and these are the ONLY microwaves and refrigerators allowed in the residence hall. Each room is equipped to handle only ONE (1) MicroFridge®. Order your MicroFridge® now! Browse the color brochure! Call toll free 1 (800) 525-7307
For more information, contact the Office of Residence Life.