Responsibility of Organization to Advisor
Responsibilities of the organization to the advisor
- Notify the advisor of all meetings and events.
- Consult him/her in the planning of events.
- Consult him/her before any changes in the structure of the group, or in the policies of the organization are made, and before major projects are undertaken.
- Understand that although the advisor has no vote, he/she has speaking privileges.
- Remember that the success/failure of the organization rests ultimately with the group, not the advisor.
- Discuss any problems or concerns with the advisor.
- Be clear and open about your expectations of your advisor.
- Periodically, evaluate your advisor and give appropriate feedback.