Hours: Monday through Thursday, 11am to 7pm and Friday, 9am to 5pm
The Receptionist is the initial contact person for students, staff and all visitors contacting the Admissions Office. The Receptionist will greet visitors, handle incoming calls, and schedule appointments. The successful incumbent may also assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including data entry and other general clerical administrative duties. It is the responsibility of the Receptionist to provide professional, courteous and effective service to all constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to handle high volume telephone calls on multiple lines
- Ability to multi-task
- Outgoing and personable
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effective decision-making capabilities
- Work well with multiple constituencies
- Strong desire to work in a service-oriented capacity
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend seminars as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Computer proficiency in Excel and Word
- Computer aptitude to learn Jenzabar, the student information system.
- Previous experience as a receptionist handling multiple call lines is preferred
- High School diploma
Please e-maili cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 Hempstead Avenue, P.O. Box 5002
Rockville Centre, NY 11571
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.