Division of Business – Special Projects
All assistantships are available for September 5, 2013. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (application, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resources Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or if budget has been expended. Please apply to the Human Resources Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall, by August 1, 2013
Department: Division of Business - Special Projects
Supervisor: Stephen Bier
Position title: Graduate Assistant
• Assist the Business Division on a number of special projects that bridge the classroom and corporate learning experience.
• Aid the Molloy Business Investment Club with different events (portfolio challenges) and investment club meetings that take place.
• Assist the Molloy Business Channel (MBC) by performing duties at conferences and presentations as well as assisting in business research.
• Create visual aids for on and off campus functions.
• Work with specific faculty members on entrepreneurship research, programs and opportunities to gain insight into new areas.
• Participate in publications with faculty members on relevant topics that connect the learning from the classroom to the community business world,
while providing real life learning opportunities.
• Molloy College MBA student with GPA of 3.0
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Paperwork: Complete all weekly reports. Collate information and analyze it to establish a strategic plan of action. Document a certain systematic method of information for publication releases.
- Staff Meetings: Regularly attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Evaluation: Complete/submit evaluation forms as assigned (e.g. supervision)
- Other: Attend conferences and workshops on and off the campus.