Division of Business - Overall
All assistantships are available for September 5, 2014. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (application, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resources Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or if budget has been expended. Please apply in the Human Resources Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall 112, by August 1, 2014.
Department: Division of Business-Overall
Supervisor: Stephen Bier
Position title: Graduate Research Assistant
1. Work with the overall Molloy Business Division on numerous projects under the supervision and guidance of the Dean and Assistant Deans.
2. Prepare and assist with Molloy Business Competitions. These events are on campus for existing students and off campus for high school students who are perspective Molloy College business students.
3. Assist with the organizing and analyzing of data
4. Assist with researching, collecting, organizing and analyzing data
5. Grow internship programs to aid in opportunities for students to gain insight outside the classroom
6. Work with department and undergraduate Honors program to build mentorships for their educational life
7. Contribute to curriculum changes, speakers or other components to bring the most important topics to the classrooms
8. Contribute to the organization and set-up of several events (Meet and Greet, Appreciation Ceremony, Board Meetings)
9. Create visual aids for on and off campus function
1. Molloy MBA student with a GPA of 3.0
2. Full time student or taking at least six (6) credits
3. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
1. Paperwork: Complete all weekly reports. Collate information and analyze it to establish a strategic plan of action. Document a certain systematic method of information for publication releases.
2. Staff Meetings: Regularly attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
3. Evaluation: Complete/submit evaluation forms as assigned
4. Other: Attend conferences and workshops on and off the campus