The Application Developer will design and develop applications using industry standard programming languages as well as maintain and improve existing applications used at the College. The successful candidate will have experience and be comfortable working with a variety of programming languages. Experience/Interest in developing mobile applications for Android/Apple devices is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and maintain program code.
- Maintain and improve existing Molloy code.
- Plan and develop new applications to improve College processes in a variety of departmental areas.
- Work with existing and new vendors to design and develop new interfaces within a variety of different administrative systems and applications.
- Develop and implement change management processes according to industry standard practices.
- Assist with distribution/rollout processes for applications, databases and updates.
- Develop front-end, back-end and mobile applications.
- Serve as primary contact for support of existing and newly developed applications.
- Create reports using Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, Sybase Infomaker, Microsoft Excel/Access.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or equivalent required or a combination of education, certification and experience that enable performance of all aspects of the position.
- Strong passion for development and programming of desktop, web and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- General working knowledge of databases and experience with Microsoft SQL and MySQL.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.