All assistantships are available for September 5, 2013. Positions are 10 hours per week for 15 weeks. Recipients receive three (3) graduate credits a semester and a $500 stipend at the completion of the assistantship. Graduate Assistants must be enrolled in at least six (6) graduate credits to qualify. Positions will be filled as complete packets (application, resume and two references) are received in the Human Resources Office. Positions may be eliminated if not filled in a timely fashion and/or if budget has been expended. Please apply in the Human Resources Office, first floor, Kellenberg Hall, by August 1, 2013.
Supervisor: Marguerite Lane/Director of Admissions
Position title: Graduate Research Assistant
The Recruitment Assistant will assist in all areas of undergraduate and graduate student recruitment.
1. Represent Molloy College at off-campus undergraduate and graduate recruitment events.
2. Attend on-site evaluation days and private visits at high schools.
3. Conduct admissions presentations for students.
4. Update Molloy Colllege transfer guides for Nassau and Suffolk Community Colleges.
5. Assist with compiling data for the freshmen and transfer profiles.
6. Assist with the scholarship review process.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and a professional presence. The candidate needs to be comfortable with public speaking. Candidate should also be detail oriented and skilled in excel.