Administrative Assistant P/T, Philosophy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere for all students and visitors seeking assistance.
- Promptly handle messages, mail, telephone, email, and other correspondence.
- Coordinate and keep an updated professional filing system for departmental records.
- Maintain, monitor, and reconcile financial records for the department budget.
- Generate reports, accurately enter and retrieve data, compile statistics, organize, and present information in usable and understandable formats, according to established deadlines and protocols.
- Consistently supervise inventory and purchase office supplies, textbooks, etc. as needed.
- Submit and monitor maintenance, IT, and room reservation requests.
- Work closely to support all department faculty with administrative tasks as requested.
- Assist part-time faculty with orientation into the department, including paperwork, account set-up, and technical support with academic reporting.
- Perform, coordinate, and delegate office tasks, including training and, in the absence of the department chair, supervising work study students and graduate assistants.
- Assist with planning and publicity for department events and major/minor recruitment efforts.
- Work with the department chair to assign academic advisors for undergraduate students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Proficiency with database management, bookkeeping, and electronic record maintenance.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and maintain close attention to detail in an episodically fast-paced and hectic environment.
- Ability to maintain an effective, professional relationship with all faculty, staff, and students.
- Courtesy, discretion, customer service, and enthusiasm, particularly with student interactions.
- Capacity to learn new software programs and willingly attend administrative workshops.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years' experience in an administrative support role, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and desktop publishing software.
Hours: 26 hours per week.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply