Administrative Assistant (PT)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing the waiting room, communicating with the public and maintaining records in the speech center under the guidance of the speech center director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and families
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Maintain arrival logs for clients, clinicians, and educators
- Collect and record payment for services
- Schedule evaluations and treatment with assistance from the Speech Center Director
- Maintain records/spreadsheets of:
- Observation sites
- Clinical placement sites
- Client feedback on speech center services
- Outreach contacts
- Maintain sign out sheets and keys for clinic supplies such as test materials
- Regulate student clinicians' use of client folders
- Speech center mailings and associated photocopying. For example: Client reports, Welcome packets, Outreach/Advertising, and Student paperwork such as liability insurance
- Assist speech center director and continuing education staff with compliance and any related organizational activities for continuing education
- Answer the phone
- Maintain records of and correspond with families regarding compliance for clients such as immunization records, permission slips and pertinent medical information such as allergies
- Maintaining compliance to speech center guidelines regarding hygiene and safety. For example: sufficient inventory of cleaning supplies, tissues, batteries in smoke detectors etc.
- Maintaining records of calibration and maintenance of audiological equipment
- Assisting the clinic Director and Chair of the speech-language pathology department with bookkeeping for speech center expenses
- Notifying clients, clinicians and supervisors regarding cancelled appointments and facilitating scheduling of make-up sessions
- Assist the clinic Director and Chair of the speech-language pathology department as requested with additional clerical tasks dependent on need
- The successful candidate will be cordial, organized, and responsible with a good working knowledge of computer programs such as Word and Excel.
15 hours per week.
Tuesday - 4pm-7pm
Thursday - 5pm-7pm
Friday - 9am-2pm
Saturday - 8:30am - 1:30pm
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.